ASATS began in December 1996, as AARS’ first managed care program. Initially, ASATS specialized in treating Asian and Pacific Islander communities, but has since proven to be effective in working with diverse communities at large. All are welcome. The program is on average a 16-week treatment program.
- Orientation, intake and assessment
- Treatment planning
- Group and individual counseling
- Case management
- Continuing care including aftercare groups.
Treatment plans are developed based on the unique needs of each participant and services are tailored to support their success. Ancillary services such as acupuncture are available in addition to counseling. ASATS provides gender, age, and language specific groups in order to respond to the unique needs of specific populations.
Specialized Treatment Groups
- Women’s groups
- Men's groups
- Young adults group
- Monolingual Tagalog adult group (the only in Santa Clara County)
- Monolingual Vietnamese adult group (the only in Santa Clara County)
ASATS is funded by Santa Clara County's Behavioral Health Services - Substance Use Treatment Services Division. Adult residents of Santa Clara County are eligible for services.